We are looking for an experienced professional with sales and client services background. This is a fun, high-energy position that is at the forefront of Portland Web Design’s success!
The Sales Development Specialist will be responsible for initiating contact with potential customers, adding value to the family of Portland Web Design products and brands, while creating demand for Portland Web Design products and services.
The successful candidate will prospect entities inside our target market within a specified region and industry. They will initiate communication primarily by phone, as well as through email and specified social media in order to qualify prospects to proceed to the next step in the sales cycle.
Additionally, the Sales Development Specialist will hunt for RFPs and RFIs through vendor portals, by registering directly with specific entities and through an RFP-specific email inbox. The successful candidate will weed through these requests and scope those which may be a right-fit for Portland Web Design to respond to.
The Sales Development Specialist role impacts multiple departments at Portland Web Design, is client-and-prospect facing by phone and therefore, requires sales experience, confident and strong communication skills and a company-above-self mindset.
We’ll expect you to…
- Generate sales opportunities to potential customers by phone or email to communicate the Portland Web Design sales proposition.
- Build and maintain relationships by conducting ongoing, informative dialogue that helps qualified prospects who are still in the research phase prior to committing to sale.
- Move each prospect to the next step in the sales cycle at the appropriate time and ensure a clean handoff to an Account Executive, when the prospect approaches a buying decision.
- Achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual goals.
- Use qualifying conversation strategies to ensure Portland Web Design products are a right-fit for the potential customer, and that the prospect is ready for the next step in the sales process.
- Maintain a daily activity count, and log all communication in real-time in the CRM.
- Help team achieve all product goals by cross-training and developing personalized talk tracks based on specific personas within various organization departments.
- Demonstrate exceptional core values, positive attitude and the independent time management required to achieve consistent results
- Initiate personal development both in and outside of work and take advantage of company-provided extended learning opportunities
What You’ll Likely Need To Succeed…
- 1-2 years sales/communications experience
- A high comfort level with process changes/improvements
- The ability to work in an extremely fast-paced tech environment
- Experience working within a team
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Proactive and reactive decision-making skills
- Innovative problem-solving skills
- High motivation to succeed / friendly, but competitive nature
- 1-2 years in sales or communications
- Experience working as part of team
- Experience working in a remote environment
- 1 to 2 years in sales role
- Previous role with metrics-based job-performance measurement
- Office 365 (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- 1 Password
- Text Expander
- CRM / Lead Generation application
- Proposal Generation application